Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh well...pass the wine

I have been doing really well (for me) with working out and increasing how far I have been able to run.  Hit a 3 miler last week, which is a nice pat on the back since I usually maxed out at a mile a month or so ago.  I am always much better during the week...so motivated to eat right and make working out a priority.  This weekend I surprised myself by really being in the mood for a run! I was supposed to go for a 4 miler, but after all the begging to get the fiancee to tag along I threw in the towel around (maybe) a mile.  I was really discouraged...running outside for me is soo much different (and harder) than running on the treadmill.  Honestly I think it is the lack of knowing actually how far I have been, or how many calories I have burned.  Seeing those releaving numbers right in front of my eyes always gets me going a little further.  I tried to make up for it by doing some weight and abs, and decided I would get back in it on Monday.
So today is Monday.  Woke up before the sun to drive back to Greenville for work at 8:30am..ewww.  All day I was getting myself ready for my awesome workout.  I even stopped by the grocery store and replenished my supply of 'supper yummy and good for you' items for the rest of the week.  My motivation hit the ground when I stepped inside my apartment and saw my roommate and friend cooking up a delicous spaghetti dinner and indulging in a glass of wine.  And then came the rain.  So I'll try again tomorrow. Although getting in shape is {towards} the top of my list, spending quality time with great friends is something that is hard to get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment