Sunday, May 1, 2011

Solitude

For the first time in 23+ years, I am living by myself. I will be living by myself for a whole...2 days!  My wonderful, 2 year, roommate moved out last night which was much harder than I thought it was going to be.  It has been a great 2 years, and she has been a fantastic roommate. Which as I am sure most of you know, good roommates are very hard to come by.  So now I am on a 2 day lapse until I move in with a boy for the rest of my life.  That means, only 2 days until I start the rest of my life. Waking up by my husband to be, every day for the rest of my life. Can't stop smiling thinking about it!
The solitude and quiet was rough earlier today.  There is so much to be done with packing and cleaning but I just didn't know where to start all on my own.  So I turned on pandora, and got to work.  Many hours of moving things from A to B, cleaning, and packing away my life into a million boxes and bags.  I finally ran out of packing supplies, and retreated to the tub for a glass of wine and a bubble bath.  While soaking my burnt (yeah, no sunscreen=bad idea) body in a bath of lavender bath salts, I had a lot of time to think and reflect. Amazing how a simple bath can turn into a time for deep reflection.  Like the calm before the storm...taking time to think about where I have been, and the new life I will be starting in the next 2 days was just what I needed. I now feel centered and ready for the challenge ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment