Monday, April 19, 2010

L-I-F-E

As the semester draws to a close I seem to begin running on auto-pilot.  My planner is filled with too many things to get accomplished and way too little time. I (already being the chronic planner) block out my entire day in effort to get all of my work and other essential.  The stress of 6 exams in 4 days is looming over my head doing nothing but increasing my cortisol levels.  Of course, this becomes a never ending cycle....stress and constant studying leads to high corisol and constant eating leads to getting fat and unhealthy leads to unhappy and miserable.  So, why do it to myself? In the end, my health and my sanity must prevail.  I am vowing to look at what is important in life during this "stress mess."  In a time where I should be cooped up under my books, I am going to break out of my apartment and go for a run.  I am going take breaks and play with my beautiful Bailey.  I am going to relax and enjoy the moments I get with family and friends.  I am going to get through exams stress free.  It may be easier said than done, but... "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans(-John Lennon) so I am choosing life.  




No comments:

Post a Comment